Soft and chewy brown butter blondies full of crushed Oreo cookies and bright rainbow sprinkles. Blondies are one of my favorite desserts – to make and to eat. They’re quick and easy and the possibilities of flavor combos are endless. I’m always thinking of what fun flavors I’m going to incorporate into my next blondie. This time I settled on Oreo Funfetti Blondies, packed with rainbow sprinkles and crushed Oreos for a fun twist. These blondies are perfect for celebrating a special occasion or just to brighten up your day.
Brown Butter is simple to make and adds another layer of flavor to your recipe, sweet or savory. I love incorporating it into sweets because it adds a deep toasty, slightly nutty flavor in the background that is unlike anything else. It’s made by simply melting butter and then continuing to cook it over low heat until it turns a deep golden color. You’ll see brown bits on the bottom which are the milk solids in the butter that get toasted from the heat. You want to look for the golden color, the brown bits on the bottom, and a nutty aroma to tell you that the brown butter is done.
If you love brown butter like me, then be sure to check out some of my other brown butter recipes like my Brown Butter Toffee Skillet Cookie, Reese’s Pieces Rice Krispie Treats, or one of my all-time favorites, Brown Butter Brioche Cinnamon Rolls!
Why You’ll Love These Blondies
- Brown Butter – it’s toast, nutty, and adds an extra layer of flavor to the base of these blondies.
- Quick and Easy – these blondies take less than an hour to make from start to finish. A perfect dessert when you’re in a pinch!
- One Bowl – nothing beats only having to wash one bowl. The fewer dishes, the better the recipe in my opinion.
- Oreos and Sprinkles – these fun additions make the blondies bright, colorful, and perfect for celebrating any occasion.
How to Make Oreo Funfetti Blondies
- Brown the butter. Melt the butter in a saucepan on the stove over low heat. Continue cooking the butter until it turns a deep golden color and has a nutty aroma. There will also be dark brown bits that sink to the bottom of the pan. Once it’s browned, immediately remove the butter from the heat and pour it into a large mixing bowl to cool slightly.
- Mix the batter. The blondie batter starts with whisking together the brown butter and sugars together until light in color. Then the egg and vanilla are mixed in. Flour, baking powder, and salt are folded in followed by crushed-up Oreos and rainbow sprinkles
- Add the batter to a pan. I use a 9” x 9” square pan to bake these blondies in. An 8” x 8” square pan would also work, giving you a slightly thicker blondie so it would need additional baking time. Coat the pan with non-stick spray then line it with 2 pieces of parchment paper layered perpendicular to create a sling. Spread the batter into the prepared pan then sprinkle with more Oreos and sprinkles.
- Bake the blondies. The blondies bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes. The blondies should be set in the middle, golden brown on the top, and a toothpick inserted in the center should come out mostly clean.
- Cool, cut, and enjoy! Allow the blondies to cool to room temperature for a perfectly chewy texture. Cut them into 16 equal squares and enjoy. Store at room temperature in an airtight container or in a zip-top bag for up to 3 days.
Oreo Funfetti Blondies FAQs
What are the best kind of sprinkles to use?
The best kind of sprinkles for baking into cookie dough or cake batter (or blondie batter in this case) are jimmies. These are small, thin rod-shaped sprinkles. I find that these hold up the best in the oven, without bleeding much. You can buy premade rainbow mixes or buy single colors of jimmies and combine them to create your own custom color mix.
How do I store Blondies?
These can be stored at room temperature and should be stored in an airtight container or zip-top bag, for up to 3 days.
Do they freeze well?
Yes, these blondies freeze great! Store them in the freezer in an airtight container or zip-top bag, for up to 3 months. To defrost them, pull them out of the freezer the night before serving to allow them to come to room temperature.
More Blondie Recipes You’ll Love
- Brown Butter Blondie Bars
- S’mores Blondies
- Oatmeal Butterscotch Blondies
- White Chocolate Cranberry Blondies
Lastly, if you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment below and tag @sweetkitchencravings on Instagram or TikTok. Or if Pinterest is more your style, you can save my recipes to your collection there. Happy baking!
Oreo Funfetti Blondies
- 1 cup (2 sticks or 226g) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (200g) brown sugar
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (260g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup rainbow jimmies sprinkles
- 10 Oreos, roughly chopped or crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9” x 9” square pan with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper to create a sling, with an overhang on all four sides.
- In a medium pot, add the butter and melt over medium-low heat. Stirring constantly, brown the butter until it becomes foamy and turns a deep golden brown color. You’ll know it’s done when you see darker brown bits on the bottom and the butter has a nutty aroma.
- As soon as the butter is browned, remove it from the heat and pour it into a large mixing bowl. Allow the butter to cool slightly. Add the sugars to the bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Whisk in the eggs and vanilla. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt and fold in with a spatula until only a few streaks of flour remain. Fold in the sprinkles and Oreos, reserving some of each for the top (if desired).
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly with an offset spatula. Sprinkle the top with the reserved sprinkles and Oreos. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the blondies are set and the top is golden brown.
- Allow to cool, cut into squares, and enjoy!
- Storing: Keep the blondies at room temperature in an airtight container or zip-top bag, for up to 3 days.