These S’mores Blondies are chewy, gooey, and made for summertime. The buttery brown sugar cookie base is loaded with graham cracker crumbs, milk chocolate chips, and melty marshmallows. I add more of the s’mores mix-ins on top for a toasty marshmallow morsel in every bite. Forget the campfire and stay cool inside making these sweet treats.
I’m not much of an outdoorsy girl myself so I would take these any day over a traditional, sticky s’more by the campfire. Not only do these blondies have all the flavors of a s’more but they can be whipped up in under an hour. What’s not to love about a versatile cookie bar that is easy to make and quicker than scooping cookie dough?! If you’re feeling adventurous, give them a try with brown butter like my Brown Butter Blondie Bars.
This recipe does not require anything fancy or fussy. Just your basic cookie recipe ingredients plus the s’mores staples.
- Graham Cracker Crumbs: You can buy these already ground up (in the baking aisle) or crush the graham crackers yourself. I put them in a small ziploc bag and smash them with a meat mallet or the bottom of a drinking glass. A mini chopper or food processor works too!
- Milk Chocolate Chips: I used Ghiradelli chocolate chips. Guittard also makes a nice-sized milk chocolate chip that’s a little bit bigger than most. Even a chopped-up Hershey’s bar would work!
- Marshmallows: I use mini marshmallows so they get disbursed throughout the batter. Scatter some on top of the blondies for perfectly toasted melty morsels on top.
How to Make S’mores Blondies
- Make the blondie base. The blondie base is just like a classic cookie base but uses melted butter so it all comes together quickly in one bowl. Brown sugar for the chewiness and a little baking powder to give it a slightly cakey texture on the edges.
- Add in the s’mores mix-ins. The graham cracker crumbs get folded in with the other dry ingredients followed by the milk chocolate chips and mini marshmallows.
- Bake the blondies. Bake the blondies partially until the top is just set, about 10 minutes. I let the bars bake a little first before adding the toppings so the graham cracker pieces and marshmallows don’t get too dark.
- Add s’mores toppings. Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle on as many graham cracker pieces, chocolate chips, and marshmallows as your heart desires. I like leaving a few pockets where the blondies can still peek through but it’s totally up to you!
- Finish baking the blondies. The blondies will need about another 15 minutes to bake until they are fully set and the marshmallows are perfectly toasty. Let them cool, then cut and enjoy!
What Does a Blondie Taste Like?
Blondies taste very similar to the cookie dough base of a chocolate chip cookie but they’re baked in a square or rectangle pan, like a brownie. They are soft and buttery, slightly gooey in the middle, and chewy around the edges. I make my blondies with melted butter, which gives them more of a dense, gooey texture rather than light and fluffy. Just like cookies, the ideas you can come up with to mix into your blondies are endless!
More Easy Summer Recipes You’ll Love
- Mixed Berry Streusel Bars
- Chocolate Caramel Pecan Bars
- Peanut Butter Oreo Cheesecake Bars
- Caramel Cone Crunch Cookies
- Chocolate Sprinkle Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
You’re going to love not only how delicious these S’mores Blondies are but also how quick and easy they are to throw together. If you make these, I’d love it if you would post and tag me on Instagram or leave a comment below. Happy blondie baking!
- ½ cup (1 stick or 113g) butter
- 1 cup (200g) brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (130g) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup (45g) graham cracker crumbs (about 3 full crackers), plus 1 graham cracker broken into pieces for topping
- ½ cup (100g) milk chocolate chips, plus extra for topping
- ½ cup (32g) mini marshmallows, plus extra for topping
- Melt the butter and allow it to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8” x 8” square pan with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper to create a sling, with an overhang on all four sides.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar until fully combined.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla. Add the flour, salt, baking powder, and graham cracker crumbs. Fold them in until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and marshmallows until they are evenly distributed. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle the graham cracker pieces, extra marshmallows, and chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, until the marshmallows are toasted and the edges of the blondies are golden brown.
- Allow to cool, cut into squares, and enjoy!